Friday, April 25, 2014

China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener

I've walked by that China Glaze City Flourish display more times than I can count, but I've heard horrible things about the formula. The colors were so pretty though!  I finally caved in and got a bunch of the City Flourish polishes since I found them at buy one get one free. Sold!

First up is the one that really caught my eye: Grass is Lime Greener.  I can't say it was the best formula, but I can put up with it for such a pretty color. The first coat was horrendous-- thick and patchy. But the second coat evened it out a bit and made the polish totally opaque. It's not completely even, but it's close enough for me, and a nice top coat made everything better. The polish reminded me a bit of China Glaze's Sunsational collection from last summer since it's kind of a neon pastel that dries chalky until I slathered some Seche Vite on top.



In order to make this mani a bit more over the top exciting, I added a cool blue and black matte glitter, Bachelor Party by Hard Candy, in a kind of glitter gradient.  I've been lusting after these types of matte glitters from the Sephora X line, but I really can't justify spending that much on glitter.  I satisfied my desire with this great find in a $4 Hard Candy glitter.  Yessss!!

Hard Candy- Bachelor Party & China Glaze- Grass is Lime Greener




 Hard Candy's Bachelor Party is simply awesome.  Besides the great price point, it was so packed with glitter-- no glitter-fishing needed!  I actually had to wipe a lot off on the rim because there as simply too much on the brush.  Does that ever happen with glitter!?  I usually spend forever wading through the clear base, but not so with this polish.





So that's it!  My first real post. What did you think?  I'm pretty happy with how with mani came out, and I'm excited to keep rocking Grass is Lime Greener throughout the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment