Saturday, April 26, 2014

Butter London Summer 2014 Lolly Brights Swatch & Stamp: Lolly

Oh, Butter London.  What a complicated relationship we have.  I adore you, but you sure are an expensive date.  For a $15 nail pol-- ahem-- lacquer, I expect quality, dammit!  And sometimes... you just don't put out.  I can't tell you how many times you've chipped on me the same day I put you on, or even more disappointingly, the color/shimmer in the bottle just doesn't transfer to the nail.  But, like, *shiny*... pretty... I just keep coming back for more hoping we'll fall in love.  Well, I have to give it to you.  This time you certainly don't disappoint!

Butter London-- Lolly
As soon as Butter London sent me the announcement of the Lolly Brights collection, I was in love.  I mean, I'm a sucker for bright colors, and this is a collection made of them.  I was proud of myself for passing on the (mostly nude) spring Boho Rock collection, but I can't resist the shimmery technicolor wonder that is the Lolly Brights.  Even the red looks gorgeous, and lord knows I have enough red!

When I first saw the collection at Ulta, I picked up five of the polishes at first glance.  I had to talk myself down because, honestly, it's a bit ridiculous spending $15 on nail polish, but it's absolutely ABSURD to spend $75 on polish in one go.  Right???  I've got to pace myself, and I'm not going to wear all of them at once.  So I made do with just the two I was really lusting after: Lolly (the pink here) and Airy Fairy (a blue polish with a similar finish).  Lolly's up first because I  really needed a bright pick-me-up since today was so cloudyrainyblech.
Lolly is a fantastic glowy, glass fleck-y, foil-y confection that shines even in the shade!  It's pretty enough and even enough to wear one coat, although it's a bit sheerer.  As usual, I prefer two coats to make sure it's opaque. 

I can't wait to wear this polish all summer.  It's going to look simply amazing in full-blown sun!  As usual, I wanted to add something to make this manicure more "me."  I broke out my stamper and added a vine print from Bundle Monster stamping plate 406 using the Konad special polish in black.  I'm a bit rusty on my stamping, but I'm happy with this mani overall.

Here's What's on My Nails:
-1 coat Butter London Nail Foundation base coat
-2 coats Butter London Lolly
-1 coat Butter London Hardwear top coat
-Stamp using Konad special polish in black
-1 coat Seche Vite for some quick-dry shiny

Sidenote:  So here's something weird.  I really do want at least five of the six Lolly Brights, so I went on Butter London's website to see if they had a deal if I got the whole collection..  They did-- $65 for the six polishes instead of $90-- but this polish, Lolly, isn't listed as one of the collection!  Instead they have Disco Biscuit listed as the pink.  I'm so confused.  I guess I'll still get the set, but I already have (and kinda dislike) Disco Biscuit.  I have no clue what I'll do with two... maybe give one away as a gift?

Well, what do you think?  Are you a fan of Butter London or does it kill your soul a little bit each time you shell out $15 for a polish?  Are you planning on picking up any of the Lolly Brights collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment